1) I AM NOT Wonder Woman, or Super Woman, or Super Girl or a super hero of ANY KIND! (Seriously!!! Who knew?!?!?!?!?!?!) It turns out I’m only human. I know now that it is because of God and God alone that I am still standing after the last few months. For most it will come as no surprise but I’ve been having a rough time for a while now. But finally, really, for real, I feel like I’m breaking free from all of it. Thank God for His grace!
2) I have gained WAY to much weight over the last few months and GET THIS: I’m ok with it. I’m not proud of it. I’m not excited about it. But I am OK with it. So this is HUGE in my book. Before I would have definitely beaten myself up over it. But what would be the point? It would do nothing other than bum me out and make me want to give up on myself… that leads me to number 3.
3) I will not give up on myself! So I had a few bad months, don’t we all? The point is that it wasn't a few bad years, or decades. It was a few bad months and I’m moving forward again. The difference now is that I know I can do this! I can succeed at losing weight and getting fit. I can live a positive healthy lifestyle. I’ve come so far since my daughter was born and I’ve learned so much. What a fantastic ride2010 was. But I gotta admit, I’m thrilled for it to be over.
Hello 2011! I just know, together, you and I are going to be amazing!!!!
4) Setting goals is a great idea, but writing them down is even better. According to a Harvard Business School study, written goals can translate into earnings of 10 times more than those who fail to establish goals or put them in writing. I love this quote by Mark Victor Hansen. He said, “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you MOST want to be.” Have you written your goals down lately? What do you want to do with 2011? I’m not talking about New Year’s Resolution (you know those things we talk about, then give up on after about a week!) I’m talking about REAL goals. What do you want to be? Where do you want to be? How are you going to get there? They say the journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. That’s so true! But, consider how valuable it will be to have a good road map to follow!
Here are a few of my goals for 2011: Some of these may seem like vague statements but I’ve got smaller goals set to accomplish each one.
1) I will renew and strengthen my commitment to God.
2) I will renew and strengthen my commitment to my husband.
3) I will renew and strengthen my commitment to myself!
4) I am going to complete at least 2 half marathons.
a. 1 of them I will run at least 7 miles of.
5) I will lose 50 pounds.
6) I will work harder to become completely debt free.
a. I will not purchase ANYTHING on credit, for ANY reason.
My Tastefully Simple Business:
1) I will push as hard as I can for the first 90 days of 2011.
2) I will book a minimum of 10 parties for the months of January, February and March.
a. I will have a minimum of $300 dollar average per party.
b. I will have a minimum of $4200 in retail sales for January, February and March.
c. I will work to book 2 parties from every party that I have.
3) I will sign at least 6 new consultants to my team and become A Team Manager.
4) I will help my new consultants sign at least 2 new consultants each.
1) I will promote to my GS-9 as quickly as possible. (January 2011)
a. I will earn my promotion
2) I will end 2011 with 100 hours of annual leave.
3) I will earn 2 monetary awards by contributing above and beyond my job requirements.
4) I will prepare myself to advance to a GS-11 in 2012