Competition Goal

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good by donutshello celery?

Isn’t that about how it seems? It’s so funny how when I decided to buckle down it’s like my body revolts. I start thinking things like “good bye donuts… hello celery” and then all I want to do is eat a freaking donut (or 2). It takes days to break that mental cycle and realize that that’s just crappy thinking!!!
Eating healthy doesn’t require eating food you don’t like OR food that has no flavor. (Sorry to any of you celery lovers out there that are thinking I’m a jerk for saying it has no flavor.)
There are TONS of foods that taste great and are good for you. Bananas for example: Bananas are freaking amazing. I love them. I could eat like 2 every day. How about granola, chicken, black beans, yogurt? How quickly we forget about those awesome flavors. Salmon and asparagus, rice and… YUMMY ORANGES!!!
Food is amazing without all the excess fat and sugar it just takes our bodies and our minds a minute or two to remember that.
I had a bad couple of weeks last month and I feel like I’m still recovering from some bad food choices. I find myself longing for some greasy crappy food and I am reminded of the article that was posted on Moi’s blog a while ago. I am having these internal conversations with myself about how I don't need the excess garbage or junk food but I find myself pulling into the damn drive-thru anyway.... it's like I can feel the shocks pulsing through my body and yet I can't seem to rip myself away. WHAT THE HELL?????

Thanks to God~ I have managed to somehow break that cycle!!! Thank you Jesus! Now i'm back on track and digging in for change.

I hope everyone is having a killer month! See you all at the finish line!

1 comment:

Moi said...

I was totally thinking of that article when reading your post. Too funny.

Food that is bad for you generally tastes good. Good food can also taste good but it doesn't give you the same effect.

Breaking the cycle is a great thing. Its hard to do but its totally a mind set.