Competition Goal

Sunday, May 23, 2010

8 Miles

So I've told you all that I'm training for the Utah Valley Half Marathon (June 12th) so it will come to no surprise I'm sure that i walked 8 miles yesterday. What may surprise you and sure as heck surprised me was that i walked 4 miles straight up a GIANT hill!!!

I'm not really sure what possessed me but many weeks ago when i was planning for this i realized that Jen (you all know her Jennifer B in this comp) lived almost exactly 4 miles from me. At the time i was convinced that it must be much farther away than that but after driving various distances i realize that all distances seem wildly different when you're on foot. (DUH!!!)

ANYWAY... I called Jen up and said, "Hey, if i walk the 4 miles to your house will you meet me at the corner and walk back home with me?" She agreed so i did it. I have to totally thank Jen because I'm not sure i would have made it had i not known that she was waiting for me at the top of that hill. When i finally got about .2 miles from the end and it leveled out i was so exhilarated that i ran the rest of the way!

Jen met me and we headed down the hill. It was AMAZING! That was the farthest that both of us have ever walked in one shot and when we reached my house and realized we had done it, we both felt like a MILLION BUCKS!

I swear i have not felt as energetic, motivated and accomplished as i do right now in my life. I hope that this momentum and attitude carries into the coming weeks.

I hope you're all doing well with the competition. Can't wait to see who takes home the overall. There are so many of you that have done a fantastic job!! KEEP IT UP!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Way to go girl! Keep it up and who know you might be running up that hill in no time! ;)

Samantha Thomas said...

Girl... you inspire me. I have a hard time walking because it's by myself. I think I'm going to work hard to find a walking partner and just get to it

Jen said...

I have to say that I know for a FACT that I would never have walked that 4 miles (even though the part I walked was downhill!) without you! you rock, and you totally inspire me in so many ways!

Jessica B said...

Holy cow...I am so excited and praying for adreniline for the half. Thats so awesome...Now I want a walking partner even more, what motivation!