Competition Goal

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ups and Downs

This month I've spent most of my time soaring on adrenaline. I've felt better than i have in a long time. Pretty much every part of my life has been going GREAT!

and then SPLAT!!! I wake up one morning feeling like i got hit by a Mack Truck and I'm lying flat on my face on the floor. WHERE'S MY ADRENALINE?????

I spent the day moping around feeling sorry for me. Hating work, arguing with my husband, impatient with my daughter. I fought ALL DAY to resist the urge to gorge myself with food and ICE CREAM. When it was time to go to bed i sighed in relief because i had made it through that day. What on earth was going on? I was so worried that I'd lost that edge.

THANK GOD!!! I woke up the next day refreshed and energized. Back in action and feeling great about everything. What happened the day before? i still don't know. But this i do know: I spent the day fighting temptation and perhaps that's exactly what it was all about. I've said it before that the Devil is a
sneaky little bastard so maybe he just chose to see if he could get me? But, he didn't!!! I made it through that day of feeling sorry for myself and came out kicking on the other side. I came out a better person for having resisted drowning my sorrow in fat and calories. No set-backs or speed bumps to overcome because of it.

I'm not sure what may have happened if i had given in to the temptation. All i can say is THANK GOD I DIDN'T!!! This month is FLYING by. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: