Competition Goal

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sneaky Little Bastard...

Why is it that every time I put my mind to something these evil thoughts start creeping in. I’m totally geared up and ready to get on track with my diet and suddenly there are Baskin Robin signs EVERYWHERE!!! Things I NEVER eat like potato chips, candy bars and Twinkies suddenly have appeal and seem to be calling my name from ever nook and cranny. Everyone at work has chips and salsa, chocolate bars and salt water taffy on their desk. To top it all of there are 3 rows of GIANT cans of Pepsi filling the vending machines that line the halls at work. As if a cold refreshing Pepsi is not tempting enough now they have shiny, beautiful 16 oz cans. Short of Beer at the gas station I’ve never seen a can this big. All I can say is big blue has never been sexier and just in time for my diet. EEK!!!
Well I’ve decided! It’s the devil! He’s a sneaky little bastard that wants nothing more than for me to fail. He sneaks into my thoughts and is trying to cloud my judgment. Well I got news for you devil, you can tempt all you want but I’m not giving in!

6 comments:

Karilynn said...

PEPSI!!! So evil.... ;o)

Jewel said...

As I tell my husband when he grumps about all the drivers that seem to pull right in front of him...it is all part of the conspiracy! LOL!

Christen Farmer said...

I'm with ya girl! I never cared about sweets, but as soon as i said this is it... i'm doing it this time, my husbands snacks for his work lunches are lookin really good... And i don't even want to talk about soda's.. That's going to be my killer.. but we can do this... we totally can. i'm looking forward to the energy and getting my self esteem back, cause right now.. i have NONE!!

Elise said...

Hey Mindy! Karilynn told me we had babies around the same time! My son was born June 26th, his due date was June 20th! Those last 6 days were torture! Good luck in the competition! Good luck with all the temptations...just keep seeing them as evil...then maybe you'll be able to avoid them! Ha!

Vicki said...

I felt the same way walking around the store the other night... all the junk was screaming out at me to eat it...

Mindy said...

It's nice to know i'm not alone... but you guys are right. We can do this! :0)