Competition Goal

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

For Karilynn

I'd like to formally thank Karilynn for the brief and yet scintillating mention of my name in her recent blog “For Melissa”. I’d like to go on record by saying that although it is true I made out with her “now gay” HS boyfriend I’m pretty sure he was gay the whole time she was making out with him as well. :0)
LIFE: it comes at ya!

Oh and about this month I’m ending it with only about a 5.8 pound loss (it was 6.4 in my first pic but i forgot my spoon and when i re-did the pic it seems i gained. EEK!). I know that’s not going to get me in the top three but I also know this… I ROCK! I’ve managed to steadily if though slowly lower my weight and I’m keeping it off! But even more than that the inches seem to be just falling off me! I’ve found EVEN MORE pants that are fitting me now that I had no hope of buttoning merely weeks before. WHOOT WHOOT! I’m still fired up and VERY excited to start October. I’m back to work full-time and I now get paid to go to the gym for 3 hours a week. I love working for the government! :0) In addition to that my sister, who is an avid marathon runner, has asked me to run a 10K with her early next year. Although the prospect of that is, at present, scary as hell it also gives me something to work toward. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

LOL! You kill me! ;o) No one seemed to make a connection between you and the gay boyfriend as there are ZILLIONS of Mindy's in the world and most people don't know that you and I are BFF's from high school with matching tattoos! ;o) CONGRATS on losing... I love you and am so excited that we are doing this together!! GO MINDY!!

rochelle said...

Mindy, way to go! 6.4 pounds is wonderful. I wish I could say the same about myself. Isn't it amazing how once the fire ignites, it gets bigger and better? I love that you are fitting into more of your pants! Awesome.

Christen Farmer said...

You're doing great, especially the fact that you are fitting in more pants.. And on a side note... i love the reference to karilynn.. You too are a hoot.

Ellura said...

ah what a great month! Your enthusisam is catchy - thanks for the blog. And good luck with that 10 k run!!!!! Oh yeah, too funny about the gay guy. I'm still laughing! LOL