Competition Goal

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Walk On



I got a new pair of shoes this week. They’re great shoes! Trail runners, water resistant, excellent support, and bright orange! Plus they were on sale. I don’t know if it gets any better than all of that. HOWEVER, two days ago when I went walking I wore short socks and since they are new and not broken in my beautiful new shoes were rubbing bad on the backs of my ankles. I got about 2 miles from home and realized it was starting to hurt. Nothing to do but to walk home right? I got to the end of my road and could go no further. I took off my beautiful shoes and put them in my stroller and walked the rest of the way in my little black socks. Let me tell you the pavement was freaking HOT!!! So I traded one pain for another. When I got home I finally looked at my heels and there I’ve got blisters the size of quarters! Ok maybe the size of nickels but still HUGE!!!
Last night we went to my parents for dinner and I didn’t get out on my walk before dinner so I went down into my moms basement to use her treadmill. I found huge band-aids and wore thick socks but my blisters popped and the pain is INTENSE! But I pushed through and walked and walked. I walked for what felt like 27 years, because my feet were killing me, only to look down and see I’d only gone 2 miles. Merely half the distance I went yesterday. I read about so many of you running for 4 -5 miles or more and I’m thinking. I can’t even walk 2 miles? UGH!!!! Well I'm hoping that doing something is better than nothing. I'm also praying that these heal quickly! Until then I guess I just have to walk on.

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

Walk on! Amen! ;o)

Vicki said...

Something IS always better than nothing :)
plus who cares how much people are running, if they are eating too much like I know I am... they won't lose as much as you if you are sticking to eating right :)

You already knew that... :)

Christen Farmer said...

I walk 2 miles a day right now.. i could do more, and probably will a litle now that i got a stroller but there is NO WAY i could even think about running. my body just simply cannot handle it yet. We can't expect to jump in and be able to do the same things that people that have been doing it for a while are doing.. that's just unrealistic. the fact that you are putting the effort out and doing what you CAN do is great!! over time you will be able to walk faster, then to jog little incrments at a time, and so on. it's a slow process but i know the end result will be soooo worth it, so yes, walk on!!!!!

Kelli said...

Love the shoes...the blisters not so much...Have you tried Avia? Also try to buy shoes that are for wide feet...you may not get anymore blisters after you get shoes for wide feet. That is what I did and my blisters have dissipated. Keep up the good work! Your shrinking!