Competition Goal

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm not just talking about it anymore!

Ready Set Go!!!
*I’d like to start off by saying that spelling and grammar are not my strongest features so if you’re way into that… SORRY! But you’ll just have to get over it!*

Hi everyone! This is my very first time blogging EVER so I’m not sure exactly what to write. I promise you there are people falling down dead from shock just by seeing this happen. LOL

I guess I’ll just tell you a bit about me. I’m 29 years old, married and just had a baby girl in July. Isn’t she adorable? I wish that I could say that I’m this heavy because of the pregnancy but the fact is, is that I am 4 lbs less today than the day I got pregnant. Most people would be saying good job that awesome… but hello? Have you seen my weight?
Needless to say I’m not at the peak of fitness but all of that is about to change!

My husband is a personal trainer that specializes in nutrition. I was hesitant to say that because I thought people might think I had an unfair advantage. To those of you that are thinking that again… hello? Have you seen my weight? My husband is an amazing man and incredibly knowledgeable about what he does. I worked with him a couple of years ago and got in the best shape I’ve been since Jr. High but as you can see I gained it all back plus more. Living with him I’ve gained tons of knowledge about health and wellness, specifically about nutrition. I love to talk to people about proper nutrition and proper positioning when working out but often I think the information falls on deaf ears. It’s something like the blind leading the blind. (the over weight instructing the over weight. You get my point.) So, here is the plan. I’m taking all of this knowledge that I have crammed in my head and I’m putting it to work. I’m not just talking about it anymore!!!

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

You're only at an advantage if you don't share his knowledge! Megan was asking if we had someone to ask nutrition questions to.. maybe he could be our EXPERT! ;o)
I cannot wait to watch you succeed! GO MINDY!!!

Karilynn said...

2 more important things to point out.
#1 When you were working with your husband, he wasn't your husband. You weren't married AND he made you pay him.
#2 Your husband is a guy! Which means instead of limiting calories he is constantly eating in order to gain muscle/weight. So just because he is a trainer doesn't mean you have a perfect example of a healthy way for YOU to eat. Unless you are trying to bulk up by eating 5000 calories a day!! ;o)

Vicki said...

You can do it... sometimes all it takes is the decision to commit and put into action all of those words... Just by blogging and joining this group you are showing your commitment. Stick to it and don't quit :) Last time around so many people stopped blogging and lost their desire... I honestly would love to see everyone succeed.