Competition Goal

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm On A Roll… Get Up I’m Hungry!


Get it? If someone says, “I’m on a roll.” I like to reply, “Get up I’m hungry!” As in, “Get off the roll so I can eat it!” LOL! I think I’m funny.

Ok so I’m not on a roll but I’m sporting one!

This is me and this is my totally fabulous spare tire I havebeen carrying around since my baby was born (July). The amazing thing: IT’S SHRINKING!!!


I had my husband take these pictures today because these jeans ACTUALLY FIT!!! Just 2 weeks ago, that’s right just 14 days ago; I could not even button these up!

I’m not sure what came over me but this morning I decided I’d put them on, just to see. I almost wet my pants when they not only buttoned but they buttoned easily! I jumped around shouting and cheering at this huge improvement. Just last week my husband took all of my measurements and I was horrified at what they were. I was feeling pretty bad about it… you may all remember my fatty, fat, fat blog. Anyway, now I’m SOOOOO glad that I did that and wish I had done it sooner because obviously I’m changing and gaining ground. (Or should I say “loosing” it!)

Also, my scale has barely been moving but it is holding steady and that makes me VERY happy because that means the weight is actually gone. I’m not just fluctuating because of water weight or something. I was telling Karilynn I feel like something has clicked. I’m not sure when or what exactly it is but at some point I stopped just going through the motions and now I’m ALL FIRE UP!!!

So, look out ladies because I’m feeling good and working hard. If you’re not feeling that kind of energy I pray that God will bless you with it from this point forward! Love to all and many thanks for all of the support! I think this group ROCKS!

6 comments:

M and A said...

congrats on the pants. what a wonderful feeling!

Karilynn said...

Love it!! Just got up and did a happy dance for you! Isn't it fantastic to feel that fire. It's distinctly different from every other time. I tell girls that when you start a weight loss goal, people expect you to fail. REALLY!! THEY DO!! I think that when we "diet" without the fire it is because we too.. expect ourselves to fail. That fire is your mind saying... THIS IS IT!! I'M DOING IT THIS TIME!! Screw trying... I WILL really succeed!!
LOVE YOUR GUTS!!! (And your spare tire! ;o) )

Christen Farmer said...

Am sooo incredibly happy for you. i know how it feels to finally fit in jeans that you haven't in a while, specially when the change is in such a short amount of time.. i just have to ask.. what are you doing?? i could really use some help. i have been watching what i eat and walking.... still hanging out at my original weigh in.. ugh.. ny tips?

Vicki said...

Hooray! You go girl!
I give it a few more weeks and you those jeans will be history cuz you'll need a smaller size :)

Ellura said...

Just reading your post - it is energizing - keep it up and you'll be throwing those pants out for a smaller size soon!

rochelle said...

Way to go on the pants! Isn't it great to know that you've already come down five pounds? That's a bag of sugar, Mindy! Keep up the good work.