Competition Goal

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Seriously? We’re fighting over a waffle? UGH!!!

Ok so my friend and I have a side bet going on our diets. My husband has developed menus for both of us and in an effort to stick with it we’re doing a little competition. We get a point each time we eat exactly what’s on our menu. On Sept 20th whoever has the most points will treat the other person to a $50 outfit at Lane Bryant! (WE LOVE LANE BRYANT!!!) As of last weekend I’m TOTALLY loosing and as far as I can see I’m still behind.

All of that to say this:

This morning I wake up with a MAJOR craving for waffles. My husband comes upstairs and I ask him if he’ll make me breakfast. He enthusiastically tells me he’ll make pancakes and I’m like, “pancakes would be good but I’d really like a waffle”. Regardless, pancake OR waffle, this fantasy was short lived because we don’t have anything in the house to make either. I said, “Well how about eggs? Then I could be on menu still.” But alas, NO EGGS!!! He decides that he can go to the store to get ingredients but I have a better idea. I coolly suggest that we go out to breakfast. I say something like, “If I’m going to loose a point I may as well get a really good waffle.” That did it! I must have offended him because suddenly he’s all huffy and going off about how we don’t have money to go to breakfast. Now I’m confused… 10 seconds ago you were headed to the store for groceries but we don’t have money for breakfast? Well apparently those are two totally different things and I was completely insane for thinking they weren’t. So I say, “Don’t worry about it. I’ll just have a freaking protein shake.” The results: he’s stomping around all bitter and angry because I won’t let him make me breakfast and I’m thinking, “Seriously? We’re fighting over a waffle?” UGH!

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

Umm... yesterday I asked my husband if i could use his headphones for the gym. He asks me where mine are.. i remind him that mine are WIRELESS and only work for my MP3 player! He throws a huge tantrum about how they are his and blah blah blah, then goes and gets them and throws them at me! SERIOUSLY!!! So... what did I do.. I said. THANK YOU!! And went to the gym with his DAMN headphones!! MEN!!

Mindy said...

Karilynn, YOU ROCK!!! :0)