Competition Goal

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fatty, Fat, Fat...

That’s how I feel today! Fatty fatty boba-latty and so forth. I, like so many of you, got down and dirty and took my measurements. My husband helped me with this and needless to say it was less than exciting!!! I HATE to see the changes in my body especially when they are negative changes. His response was, "WOW, you seem SOOOOO much smaller to me today than in those last few days of the pregnancy. I wonder what your measurments were then. Hmmm?" I know he didn't mean anything by it. I have to admit I've been thinking the same thing. Still, it's a sucky thought.
Yesterday I was feeling like a rock star. Today not so much. I have decided to hide my scale. I’m putting it in my basement. This way I have got to REALLY want to stand on it otherwise I won’t bother. I’m not one of those people that can weigh themselves everyday. I know how much a person can fluctuate in a day. In my mind I have this information but my heart seems to forget. When I’m down it sings with delight but one tenth of one pound shows back up and my heart breaks. Then here comes the fatness and the fat thoughts and the fat fatty fat, fat. So to hell with the scale! I’m doing the deeds… DIET, EXERCISE and LOTS OF WATER. I'm going to view this as a starting point and nothing else. (That's what I keep telling myself anyway.) I’ll weigh myself again next week or something.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Love your little rhyme
"To hell with the scale!"
I am going to remember it and sing it all day long after I have a bad weigh in day... but I will add a dooty dooty doo or something between verses - LOl
I think it is a good idea to put it in the basement.

Karilynn said...

LOL! It's amazing how modern technological advances have made women less and less happy with themselves. DANG SCALE!! I actually hid mine last comp for a while, but didn't last long. I just had to have a talk with the scale about being nice and then had to seriously mentally decide that I could handle the fluctuation. Now i know exactly how much I weighed before at a certain time of the day! LOL! ;o) i know i'm crazy, but I take comfort in stepping on that stupid thing. So much comfort, that I went out and bought a new one yesterday. It's pretty and fancy and made of glass. It attempts to calculate body fat % etc... (but I'm pretty sure it's full of it!)

Elise said...

THAT'S WHY I THREW MY SCALE AWAY!!! I do WAY better just weighing in at my friend's house once a week! Then, I really know I want to know if I'm going all the way over to her house! Good luck! You CAN do it girl! Don't listen to those lies in your head...we all have em...we just have to shut them up! Keep up the good work!