Competition Goal

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My freaking legs are noodles!!!

I had an appointment with Devin today (my trainer) and i was TOTALLY late. I had this crazy crappy morning and showed up to my appointment like 20 minutes late. i hauled butt into the locker room, threw on some clothes and busted into the weight room. With a day like today i was NOT going to miss my session even if i only had 30 minutes to work out.
REMIND ME NEVER EVER EVER TO BE LATE AGAIN!!!

Devin kicked my butt!!! Legs or Abs was the question she asked and i said, "whatever you can do in a half an hour." She said, "Legs!" So we set to work super-setting exercises. Going from abductors to wall sits and back again. One muscle to the next with little rests in between. I worked so hard i didn't know if i was going to be able to walk my wobbly butt down the stairs after we were done. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

DANG do i feel like a million bucks! I love lifting weights SOOOOOOO much! I don't know why i ever for even one second forgot about that. It's freaking amazing. I feel so strong and empowered. I feel like i can kick butt and take name and it really takes my focus off the weight loss and the fat all together. Lifting weights gets me focused on how strong i am. How accomplished i can be and how hard i really can work for something.

I'd encourage ALL of you to get a trainer if you can. Even if it is for 1 week... work hard and dig in and you will be so impressed by yourself that all the self doubt and self loathing just melts away.

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

Trainers are only as awesome as their clients! YOU ROCK MIND!!! I love reading your blog cause you seriously are not afraid to celebrate your successes and tell the world that you are frickin' amazing! YOU ARE!!! Love you! Can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!

Samantha Thomas said...

I miss my 3 days a week with Jack where he would kick my butt so bad I was never not sore. I proved to myself how truely strong I was because he wouldn't let me say no or give up.

I'm trying to do that to myself now and actually I beat myself up pretty bad. Just put on the tunes and go for it! I'm going to do weights after work at the gym and very excited about it!

Christen Farmer said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad you're doing as well as you are. Sorry i haven't checked in in forver, but i have been reading your blog from time to time. I started new posts on mine tonight if you wanna stop by and give it a looksee. Hugs, Christen

Vicki Sue said...

Good Job Mindy! You are awesome! I will see you at the half! Love ya.