Competition Goal

Sunday, September 12, 2010

An introduction

I know I'm a little behind the times but... hey, better late than never right? So, Karilynn posted a challenge last week of introducing ourselves. So here i a little about me.
I'm 30 years old and mother to the most beautiful baby on the planet. This is my baby girl Jade. It is rare that i post pictures of her on an open blog or allow others to do so as well. i don't face book or my space so unless you're on a direct email list you probably won't see pictures like this very often. My husband Jack and i were married Aug. 19th 2007.

This is me 14 months and over 100 lbs. ago. Obviously pregnant but also WAY overweight as well. I am down 40+ pounds pre-pregnancy weight.

I was born and raised in Hooper Utah. That's north of Salt Lake City about 45 mins. and as far west as you can go without ending up in the Great Salt Lake (although i live just over the boarder so not to close to the lake). I grew up riding horses and traveling the rodeo seen with my family. They're all pretty country and i was always a little bit rock n' roll. But we all got along great!

Something a lot of people don't know about me: I am a belly dancer. I've been belly dancing for about six years now. i did take almost two years off just before i got pregnant and then during the pregnancy. i went back to dancing shortly after jade was born. I LOVE IT!!! (I'll try to add a pic but don't have one on this computer)

I work in supply as a Retail Item Manager. I love my job although it's crazy busy all the time and stresses me out a bit. There is never a day that i go to work that i don't feel like i accomplished something. That is a great way to end each day.

I've been overweight for most of my life. Although hind sight being 20/20 if i knew now what i knew then I'd have worried WAY less about my weight when i was a teenager. i would have loved my body and wore clothes to accentuate it rather than hide it!

My goal is to get to 18-20% body fat. i don't care how much i weigh at that point cause I'll be SMOKIN HOT!!!










3 comments:

Samantha Thomas said...

See I already knew you... hahaha but I love seeing the pics. You've come such a long way!

youcandoit said...

Hi Mindy. I too have fallen off the bandwagon and have been deceiving myself and those around me. I really enjoy reading your blogs. I can definitely see you writing a book. Glad you are BACK! I am right there with you. No more kidding myself! Thank you for sharing! You have a beautiful family! You are a very beautiful person inside and out!

Priscilda

youcandoit said...

Hi Mindy. I too have fallen off the bandwagon and have been deceiving myself and those around me. I really enjoy reading your blogs. I can definitely see you writing a book. Glad you are BACK! I am right there with you. No more kidding myself! Thank you for sharing! You have a beautiful family! You are a very beautiful person inside and out!

Priscilda