Competition Goal

Monday, October 25, 2010

Gettin Skinny

We were at church the other day and our pastor was talking about vision. He used an example made my another pastor and it really hit home for me... it went something like this:

It's vision that drives us. Vision that gets moves us into the future. For example, when a fat person decides they want to lose weight if they're to be successful they will envision themselves fit. The day after that first work out when they are so sore they can barely walk it will be that vision that gets them out of bed and back to the gym. That vision that will help them to make good food choices and to push through. That vision will drive them through every obstacle if they can just get it and hold onto it. If they focus on that vision of themselves as a fit person they will inevitably become a fit person.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for a fat person to get skinny simply by hating being fat.

Focusing on a negative will NEVER yield positive results.

(for the record: I've totally forgotten the image i had envisioned for myself. But I'm working on building an even better one... )

2 comments:

littlemisspretty said...

I totally agree. Some days it is so hard to see a thin person inside... well the body I currently have.
I needed this Mindy, thank you SO MUCH

Moi said...

Tell it!!! That is awesome. Focus baby.