Competition Goal

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Holy Cow!!! Is this month over already?

I can’t believe how quickly the month of October has come and gone. Everyone told me that once you have children time really starts to fly. I always thought they were exaggerating but HOLY COW is October really over? Halloween was yesterday as you all know. I spent the day working overtime and spent the evening at my parents’ house. Guess how much Halloween candy I ate… NONE!!! Not even one piece. I did have a little incentive because all my parents had to hand out were chocolate bars and I haven’t eaten chocolate since July 23rd. Seriously! That’s right 101 days, chocolate free. I’m not talking about only a little here or there I’m talking about NOT ONE TASTE of chocolate since July 23rd. I am a machine!! LOL Ok I must confess, I’m not a machine at all, I’m nursing and chocolate makes my baby sick so I don’t eat it. Most days I don’t miss it but some days I really, really do! She’s totally worth it. Here she is in her little Halloween costume. She lasted in this thing for about 32 seconds. Just long enough to snap a few pictures. Isn’t she adorable! I can’t wait for next year when we get to dress her all up. It will be so fun.


Anyway, today is a new day and the start of a new month. I’m weighing in this morning at 314.4 not as low as I’d like but I’m making progress. I hope all of you will keep an eye out for my “Good Bye 300” blog. I know it’s coming soon and I can’t wait till it does! Good luck to all of you. This is another holiday month so I hope we can all resist the mouthwatering temptations of home made pie at least until thanksgiving day.

5 comments:

Karilynn said...

Congrats!! That's something like 12.2 lbs for the month. Even with all the stress and chaos you have done a fantastic job! Can't wait to see the "goodbye 300's" blog and umm... your daughter is the cutest little monkey in the universe! We need to get together soon so I can give her some Aunt Kari LOVIN!! :o)

Samantha Thomas said...

Great Job Minders.... So proud of you. And your lil Monkerdoodles looks adorable! Glad you could share a pic of her in her costume. Much love!

Christen Farmer said...

hey, congrats... so close to getting out of the 300's.. I'll watch for your out of the 300 post and u can watch for my out of the 200 post. will be such an accomplishment i know.. you're doing awesome and look awesoem.. keep up the good work.

Moi said...

Congratulations!!! Babies make you do things you never would think you could do.

I find totally resisting holiday temptation is usless, find one thing you want (pie?) and have a small piece, or try to find a better alternative (a crustless pumpkin pie?) so you can still enjoy yourself. Oh and if you are going somewhere always bring a tasty yummie salad so there is something to fill up on.

Ellura said...

Wow, your weight loss really shows! You're looking great! And your baby is totally adorable. Looking forward to your goodbye 300's post! It won't be long now...