Competition Goal

Thursday, November 12, 2009

30 Never Looked Sexier!!!

Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to Mindy!!!
Thirty sure looks sexy!

Today is my birthday and YES it’s THE BIG 3-0!!! People keep talking about how 30 was really hard for them but I don’t feel a day over 29. Besides… who knew 30 would look this good? :0)

All I wanted for my birthday was a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a thick layer of gooey chocolate cream in the middle! But, since my daughter is still preventing me from eating chocolate I settled for pancakes for breakfast. Went all out with butter and rich maple syrup! YUMMY!!!!

This week has been ok, I’m back down from my small gain over the last week but I think my scale is broken or possibly just stuck on this damn number… I’m thinking someone else needs to come over and stand on it to make sure it’s functioning properly. Better yet maybe not, because if someone does and it really is working, it may shatter my broken scale illusion and open my eyes to the reality that…
I’M SLACKING BIG TIME THIS WEEK!!! LOL!

Back to my birthday, my parents gave me money to get a new cell phone, my husband took me to breakfast and gave me the gift of time alone to take a long bath so I could relax and unwind (much needed), my friend treated me to breakfast the other day and I’m going out with friends to dinner tomorrow night. Along with that it looks like God gave me snow… I’m not entirely sure if that’s a great birthday present or not. I’m kinda partial to sunshine and long walks with my daughter. However, since God usually knows best I’m just going to thank him for it and move on. I used to really hate the snow until one day I looked up and the flakes were sparkling in the sunlight as they fell. I suddenly realized… Snow isn’t the horrible icky stuff I thought it was… snow is just God scrap booking with glitter!

Can’t wait for the weekend! I hope that all of you enjoyed my birthday as much as I did!

9 comments:

Melissa Davis said...

Happy Birthday!!

M and A said...

Welcome to the club! Enjoy your week!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! You look GREAT!!! Keep it up!

Karilynn said...

Hmm.. I'm wondering if you drank a few calories before you wrote this post. God scrapbooking with glitter?? LOL!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABy!!1 LOVE YOU!!

Samantha Thomas said...

Happy Birthday Mindy!!!! Have a good weekend. I'm sure Jack will spoil you!

Moi said...

Happy Birthdaay!!!! 30 is fabulous, trust me I have been here for over a year. Keep up the good attitude.

Ellura said...

I love your post - makes me smile. Oh, the 30s were the good old days (sigh)!!!!! Glad you had a wonderful birthday! I like your scrap booking with glitter - never would have thought of that. But then, I LOVE the snow.

rochelle said...

Mindy, first of all, Happy Birthday! Second, your pictures look amazing! You have been doing a fabulous job! And third, I have to echo everyone else: I love the scrapbooking with glitter comment. So awesome!

Vicki said...

Happy belated birthday! I love seeing the progress in your pictures. It is awesome to see a change.
Hope you have a rockin weight loss week post birthday week :)