Competition Goal

Friday, November 6, 2009

What a week

So I had this big crappy thing happen at work last week so I decided to hell with it… I’m not going in. So I had this whole week off and it was wonderful and awful all at the same time. Wonderful because I got to spend TONS of time with my baby girl, awful because now I don’t ever want to go back to work. Wonderful because I was able to wean myself back off coffee (I was getting out of control with it again), awful because I didn’t eat nearly as much as I should. Wonderful because I got to go walking in the sunshine with my little girl, awful because I didn’t eat enough food to sustain my level of activity and I’ve gained instead of lost! UGH!
The biggest thing I really learned from this week as far as my success at loosing is that I MUST eat a lot of food if I really want to lose (healthy, nutrient dense calories of course) and that eating 6 times a day even if my proportions are not perfect has me losing 3 times as much as when I eat 3 times a day. I’ve got the rest of the weekend to spend with my girl then Monday I’m back to work… back to 10 hour days 6 days a week. I love it and hate it at the same time. I love that I’ve got a good job making good money and that in this economy I’m able to work overtime every weekend. I love that my husband is able to stay home and take care of our little girl… but I wish that I could be the one to stay home with her. But no day care for this little girl and that makes my very happy!

Well, that was sorta like a big poor picked on me blog wasn’t it? Well, I guess that’s how I’m feeling today. My next blog will be a smiley happy message OK.
Later girls! Hope you are all have an awesome weekend!

3 comments:

Ellura said...

actually I don't think you sounded negative at all. Just the pros and cons of a working mother. Glad you had a week home. Sounds like it was as good for your daughter as it was for you! :)

Samantha Thomas said...

Hang in there Mindy. I question why I go into work everyday and I dont' have a child yet. I know that if I didn't stress so much and could have the time to focus that I could loose the weight again. So I feel ya. But money makes the world go round and until we win the lottery we must work.

Enjoy the time with Jade and Jack...

M and A said...

glad u had a nice week. we all need a break from our regular week!