Competition Goal

Saturday, March 6, 2010

no excuses


1.6 Lb loss… not great but a loss none the less. I’m not going to make excuses about why it’s not better than that. I exercised more and was conscious about food but looking over my food journal I could have done better. So this month I will!!! I did however lose approximately 3% body fat which is almost 9 lbs. of fat but I seemed to have put on 7 lbs. of muscle. I couldn’t figure out why because I was running and not doing much in the way of “weight training”… Karilynn helped me realize that pushing a stroller while running is resistance training. LOL… didn’t really think about that.

Mentally I want to beat myself up… my years of bad habits is telling me to go over what I did with a fine tooth comb and pick it apart. But the new me, the me that is not dieting or binge exercising, is screaming TO HELL WITH THAT! I did review my food journal and my exercise journal and I found a few things I can improve upon. I highlighted those things and I made a list of clear goals for this month and I’m going to do even better.

So, here’s sunshine and springtime. Here’s to a new month! HELLO MARCH! So glad you’re here! I hope March treats you all well and that you’ll throw all those lousy excuses out the window!


So this picture is not pretty but I feel compelled to share it with you. This is my original picture from this competition and this month’s. I didn’t do a great job picking my outfit because it is so hard to see because of the colors… but if you look closely you will see that these pants are buttoned!!! (I decided to go into Photo shop and lighten them up... i think you can tell a big difference by doing that.) It of course made my “muffin top” look somewhat like a “mushroom top” but they’re buttoned so I almost wet my pants when that happened. LOL… in fact Jen and I laughed so hard I really almost wet my pants. It was fun. I can’t wait for next months pictures. They are going to be EVEN better!!!

3 comments:

Samantha Thomas said...

Someone told me muscle burns fat.... maybe it was your hubby :)

So hang in there girl... push through and you will do it! Way to go on getting yours buttoned.

Ellura said...

You have really done awesome - so the scale wasn't as friendly this time around - just look at those pics!!!!!! I am sooo impressed. Keep up the hard work.

Jessica B said...

3% body fat lost is freakin AMAZING! You have to build muscle sometime so why not now right. Then you can bust it out and loose those big numbers and win so moola, not to mention health and a smaller pant size!